About Sudden Obstetric Collapse
Sudden obstetric collapse is a rare but a potentially life-threatening event, it is a sudden event involving the cardio-respiratory systems and /or the brain resulting in an absent or reduced conscious level and potentially death, at any stage up to 6 weeks of delivery.Dr. Alpesh Gandhi, Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist discusses the immediate management which involves resuscitation of the patient (assessment, CPR, basic and advanced life support, cardioversion). He discusses the decision making in emergency Caesarean section in cardiac arrest and perimortem Caesarean section. The various causes of sudden obstetric collapse, and the differential diagnosis and the salient points pertaining to vasovagal shock, sudden uterine inversion, sepsis, septic shock, acute pulmonary oedema and amniotic fluid embolism are discussed at length.
About Dr. Alpesh Gandhi
Dr. Alpesh Gandhi
Critical care in Obstetric Specialist
High-Risk Pregnancy Expert
Hospital Management Expert-IIHMR, Jaipur
- Vice-President, FOGSI-2013
- ICOG Governing Council Member
- Chairperson, Practical Obstetric Committee, FOGSI (2008-2011)
- Past President, Ahmedabad Ob-Gyn Society
- Chief Editor of the Book - "Principles Of Critical Care In Obstetrics"
- Awarded Many Orations, Keynote Addresses, Guest Lectures